WiMAX PPAQ Identifier

kondie kondie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:59:13 CET 2012

Dear list,

I am trying to implement WiMAX prepaid quotas using FreeRADIUS 2.1.12. I
want to return to the NAS a Volume-Quota and/or a Duration-Quota. I am able
to do this after modifications to the sqlcounter module. However, I need to
send a WiMAX-PPAQ-Quota-Identifier as part of the reply to the NAS and this
value needs to be generated by the AAA server.

The PPAQ Quota Identifier is defined in the dictionary as:

ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-PPAQ                              37      tlv

BEGIN-TLV       WiMAX-PPAQ
ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-PPAQ-Quota-Identifier             1       octets
ATTRIBUTE       WiMAX-Volume-Quota                      2       integer #kb

I would like to know if there is a function in FreeRADIUS that I can use to
generate this identifier, and if it exists, how to use it (or you can point
me to the appropriate documentation). If there is no such function, how do I
return a Quota-Identifier with my Access-Accept?

Thank you.

Kondie