High Avaibility

Anto potxoka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:14:03 CET 2012

Hello

Sorry for the delay in responding. Currently in the system I have two
mysql servers configured as master-master. Freeradius world, totally
not know, so I can not tell them if the configuration is
"load-balancing" or just "high-availability".

The software we have developed connects to an IP (radius server) can
not specify more.

Asked why, if you can mount a balancer in the ip and balance between
other servers freeradius (detecting the fall), but would have to
configure this balancer in HA. Or have two servers and one as slave
(HA). As freeradius not know the world and I've searched, but have not
found information, I wanted to know a little more the functioning of
freeradius. Freeradius not know if flags or similar stored in memory,
etc., then the slave would not have these states, etc..

After read, I have been a little more clear, to indicate to me that
using two servers with two ips, might work. I thought it would be more
complicated because states would keep in memory or the like. The part
of the db (mysql) I have it resolved, the problem was with freeradius.

I found this:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Fail-over
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Load-balancing

I try with what I have said. Thank you very much.

Regards
Anto