Unknown Auth-Type "LDAP" in authenticate sub-section

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Sat Mar 10 18:56:16 CET 2012

> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM,  <up at 3.am> wrote:
>> Both hashes are supported, thanks for the link.  I assume I need to define
>> something to map to, as well?  Like this:
>>
>> raddb/dictionary:  ATTRIBUTE        userPassword   3004        string
>
> err... no.
>

>> raddb/ldap.attrmap:  checkItem   User-Password          userPassword
>
> Is your LDAP attribute storing the password called userPassword? If
> yes, you shouldn't need to do anything as it's already mapped to the
> correct attribute on ldap.attrmap
>
> checkitem	Password-With-Header		userPassword

Ah...it seems that my ldap.attrmap is from an older version of FreeRadius that
didn't have it.  I had copied it over to the new raddb/ because I now have those
custom POSIX expiry attributes that you and others helped me with.

We generally try to use the entire existing raddb/ dir when we upgrade FR, because
our configuration has gotten pretty complex (to us, anyway), but I guess this
isn't always a good idea.

Thanks again for your help!