Freeradius crashes everyday

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 09:51:37 CET 2012

On 03/13/2012 06:07 AM, Morteza Milani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know what's wrong with freeradius. It's running but does not
> handle authentication requests. After restarting, it works fine but
> after a while it goes to sleep;)

Which version are you running?

What sort of config do you have - do you do any proxying? SQL? LDAP?

As others have said, you should run it in debug mode - "radiusd -X" and
see what happens. However, you may find this generates a lot out output
before it stops working, so investigate other tools to inspect the
"sleeping" daemon - gdb, strace, etc.

I'm betting you're running an older version with bugs in it. 2.1.12 is
the latest.