Question about certs and Microsoft

Scott McLane Gardner sgardne at uark.edu
Wed Mar 14 20:20:33 CET 2012

In the beginning of the cert documentation, it says:

  The Microsoft "XP Extensions" will be automatically included in the
server certificate.  Without those extensions Windows clients will
refuse to authenticate to FreeRADIUS.

But I use a certificate authority, so later on in the documentation, it
says:

  If you have an existing certificate authority, and wish to create a
  certificate signing request for the server certificate, edit
  server.cnf as above, and type the following command.

$ make server.csr

  You will have to ensure that the certificate contains the XP
  extensions needed by Microsoft clients.

How do I go about ensuring this? Do I have to request them to be added
from the CA?