IF-MAP Support

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 22:52:00 CET 2012

Hi,

> I believe some work have been done on this topic lately with external
> log modules to populate an IF-MAP database, correct?
>
> I am wandering if there is a "working
> -as-PoC" piece of code available somewhere?  We are interested in
> testing and add the support for IF-MAP in PacketFence (long term project).

we wrote a perl script to log into an IF-MAP instance - since that code was
written the IF-MAP stuff has been updated to latest spec....and since we wrote
the code the IF-MAP instance we used has been turned off and we have no current
plans to use IF-MAP presently (for what it was used for a bit of syslog into
a nice syslogNG server with DB backend would do just as well (and be more usuable
by other systems - IMHO) )

alan