generate a random value with unlang?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Mar 21 11:07:16 CET 2012

Hi,

in some weird business case, I would like to generate a one-time use
token for later consumption in post-auth. So when the user is accepted,
trigger an

{sql:INSERT randomvalue INTO someplace}

The value should be new for every Access-Accept. I wonder how to
generate such a random value with unlang. Is there some {%rand} or
anything like that?

Currently I do it embedded in the INSERT:

INSERT ... SHA1(RAND())... INTO someplace

but our MySQL admins don't like me doing that. So I'd prefer to do this
on FreeRADIUS and send a simple string to the DB.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter