newbiie

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 27 17:33:19 CEST 2012

Khapare Joshi wrote:
> hi Alan,
>
> I now fixed that dictonary issue. I followed the guide lines from here
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/PopTop to see if pptp and radius works. I am
> getting this error :

  How about asking the PPTP people how their software works?

> Mar 27 15:11:58 test45 pppd[2123]: Peer testuser failed CHAP authentication

  That message shouldn't be hard to understand.

> And in /var/log/radius/radius.log -- i get nothing

  How about running the server in debugging mode, as suggested in the
FAQ, README, INSTALL, and daily on this list?

> I must be doing something wrong.

  Well... the RADIUS server isn't receiving packets.  This isn't a
RADIUS problem.  It's an IP routing problem.