openLDAP authorization with PAP authentication

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Sat Mar 31 10:25:06 CEST 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 03:52:50PM -0700, Jay Ludlow wrote:
> Found Auth-Type = EAP
>
>   WARNING: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type.  Cannot perform requested action.

You've got "eap" in the authorize section of your outer (default)
virtual server, but you've removed it from the authenticate
section.

Hint: put your whole config in version control (e.g. git) and then
it makes it easy to go back to a working config when you break it.

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>