MSCHAPv2 followed by a smsotp authentication

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Sat Mar 31 10:45:01 CEST 2012

Hello Alan,

> Possibly. If so, the proprietary client doesn't implement RADIUS.

thanks a lot. However, I'm going to hunt that one down, because I think
I'm very close to solve it and than I'll document it here. As soon as
the product is released to the public I'll also add a wiki entry or
howto guide.

> The State field is not interpreted. It's used simply as an opaque blob
> that ties a challenge to a subsequent request.

I saw that when I opened it in wireshark. I changed the source code of
rlm_smsotp to only include integers, however that did not solve it yet,
but it can't be much else, I'll report back as soon as I figured it out.

Thank you for all the input you gave me.

Cheers,
        Thomas