Volume Limit per user monthly

yagizozen yagizozen at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 08:04:56 CEST 2012

Hello Guys,

I am crazy about this freeradius and thank all of the developers who work
for freeradius application. It is great that you are doing such an open
source application for everyone who needs.

I am reading everything that I found about anything related to FR. And I
have a question :) Firstly let me tell that, if the answer of my question
that I am going to ask is located in some doc or another place in
documentation just link the doc name and I will read it if I did not so I do
not consume your time.

First of all, the GGSN (NAS), that FR is communication is a Huawei system. I
manage to succeed limiting a user usage per day (with respect to session
time) with the use of session-timeout AVP that is located in the
ACCESS-ACCEPT packet sent to my huawei GGSN and GGSN understand that and try
to reauthenticate after that value. But the thing that I want is to limit
the volume of the usage of a user in a month with the use of the
Acct-Input-Octets and Acct-Output-Octets AVPs. But I am having trouble with
impelemnting this. I guess I need to generate a counter and this counter
should count the Input and Output Octets located in the accounting section
and if it is over the limit that I defined in the users file.

Thank you inadvance.