Very huge Acct-Session-Time

Johan Meiring jmeiring at pcservices.co.za
Fri May 4 08:44:57 CEST 2012

On 2012/05/04 03:13 AM, Claude Brown wrote:
> Probably not - but what have you got to lose by checking?

My 2c says thata Alan de Kock is right.
Nas is buggy.

What happens on the Nas is probably the following....
(This is a wild guess)

1) Nas boots, time is set to 1970.
2) User logs in, and Nas stores "start time" internally.
3) NTP on the Nas eventially figures out what the time is.
4) Next time the Nas calculates the Session time, it is 43 years.

I must say I am unsure how I would do it differently if I was the Nas
software developer.....

--

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC