NAS Client

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue May 8 03:40:05 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Shawky Skaff <shawkys at ivox.com.au> wrote:
> Ok I see, if I wanted to test a user on the radius client (cisco), am I not able to use radtest?

If by "test user" you mean "you've created a user on db/users file,
and want to test if the user is correctly setup (e.g.whether the
password is correct)", then you can use radtest to localhost. By
default 127.0.0.1 is already setup as client NAS on clients.conf. Note
that it doesn't really have anything to do with "cisco": the same user
will be usable on any NAS that authenticates to the radius server.

If by "test user" you mean you want to check whether the cisco box is
setup correctly, and whether you can login on that NAS, then you can't
use radtest. You need to actually login on that NAS (e.g. using 802.1x
wired/wireless, or whatever).

--
Fajar