Specific User Trace and multiple radiusd instant

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 15 11:01:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

>    1. We know 'radiusd -X' will run the radius in debuge mode. With large
>    amount user request, the debug information will be massive. It will be
>    difficult to read one specific user authentication process. Can anyone
>    advise how to debug a specific user's access process?

raddebug - with radmin interface

>    2. We tried to run multiple radiusd at same server while the second
>    failed. Can anyone advise how to configure the server to run multiple
>    radiusd simultaneously��

if you need to run multiple instances, then you need to have them all
having their own configuration, listening on different sockets etc.

I would advise, instead, if you require seperate configurations for different
APs or clients, to use the virtual-server methods instead. edit clients.conf
to point the request to a different virtual-server and create that virtual-server.
(which could then have more logging enabled etc)

alan