webauth and macauth

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 15 18:20:58 CEST 2012

On 15/05/12 15:56, djura wrote:
> I've done the changes as stated in wiki,

Which wiki page?

This page:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Mac%20Auth

...doesn't tell you to use your method. So you're looking at another
page, or copying it from somewhere older.

> in users file i have entries looking like this
> /
>
> 64-31-50-81-cb-2f  Cleartext-Password := "63-31-50-81-cb-2f"

You must have done something wrong, either a typo or you're editing the
wrong file, because FreeRADIUS is not finding that entry:

> [authorized_macs]       expand: %{Calling-Station-ID} ->  64-31-50-81-cb-2f
> ++[authorized_macs] returns noop

"noop" from the "files" module means "not found". So, you're doing
something wrong. Check your config again. Read it carefully.

Better yet, follow the actual docs on the wiki.