2 Certs for 2 SSID (802.1x)

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 16 17:46:53 CEST 2012

On 16/05/12 16:29, C.F. Yeung wrote:
> We have 2 SSL Certs for two SSID (802.1x). How can my freeradius server
> present wifi clients the cert based on SSID? Should I have two eap.conf?

Yes. Configure the two "eap" modules with different names e.g.

eap eap_cert1 {
eap eap_cert2 {

...and then configure your radius server to run the appropriate eap
module. Two choices for this:

  1. If your wireless equipment allows it, configure each SSID with
different radius server IP/ports. Then make FreeRADIUS listen on
different ports like so:

listen {
   type = auth
   ipaddr = *
   port = 18000
   virtual_server = server1
}
server server1 {
   authorize {
     eap_cert1
   }
   authenticate {
     eap_cert1

# repeat for cert1/eap2

  2. Use "unlang" policies to match on SSID e.g. (untested)

authorize {
   if (My-SSID == SSID1) {
     eap_cert1
   }