Backup and restore FR

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 17 09:19:14 CEST 2012

On 05/17/2012 06:48 AM, yagizozen wrote:
> Thank You for your reply but when I use tar which folder/files I should
> backup? May be FR files are distributed under many different folders, how
> can I succeed a error-less and guarentee backup of FR application?

As standard installation of FreeRADIUS stores all of it's config in the
"raddb" directory and sub-directories. But if your install has been
customised, it could be anywhere.

Start the server up in debug mode with "radiusd -X". It will print a
list of the files it loads. Check the location of all of these.

This is basic Unix skills, really. YOU have to decide what files to backup.