Backup and restore FR

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu May 17 23:13:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

> If you simply want to move your freeradius to another node (at the same
> version level) just copy over the contents of /etc/raddb. However most
> freeradius implementations also utilize backend data stores (e.g. SQL,
> LDAP, etc.) If you need to move those too then that's a separate task.

I was going to say the same thing - the FreeRADIUS 'config' is all in /etc/raddb
so you can just copy /tar/ scp across.   but be aware that eg clients and remote
proxies will probably not be awared of the new box IP address...or required shared
secrets to be adjusted!

however, other parts of the Os may also need adjusting - if, as John said, you use MySQL
you will have MySQL access tables and DB tables.... psql would have hb_pga.conf entries etc
and finally, if your box is eg bound into an AD for PEAP against AD then you will have
eg samba config files, kerberos config files etc to do - as well as running the bind
commands on the new box to ensure it works...

alan