PEAP/MSCHAP doesn't run post-auth in inner-tunnel for reject?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 18 19:34:23 CEST 2012

Am I being dumb / getting something wrong or does the post-auth session
not get called if PEAP/MSCHAP returns a reject?

It seems to run for successful auths, but not failures.

This is in the context of us not seeing log messages for EAP auth
failures; I suspect that the client may just "hang up" and let the EAP
session expire, and since the inner post-auth doesn't run, and the outer
session expires, I have no logs.

This is in 2.1.12