Freeradius + OpenVPN Solution to Traffic Limitation

yegle cnyegle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:39:26 CET 2012

A naive way would be, use OpenVPN's radiusplugin to authenticate user with a radius server. On the server side, use MySQL as data backend.

Then you'll be able to run a crontab at a reasonable frequency to disable users who have used the quota already and reject new connection.

If you need to kick users offline when that user used all quotas and still connecting, you may need to look into OpenVPN's management console.

--
http://about.me/yegle