Mysql, Accounting and DialupAdmin

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Nov 8 09:01:06 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Erich Titl <erich.titl at think.ch> wrote:
>>> 2) I could see login and logout information, but no data usage, e.g.
>>> dowload and upload sizes appear to be zeroes.
>>
>> Some NAS (e.g. AP's flashed with dd-wrt) simply doesn't send
>> accounting packets. Blame your NAS :P
>
> :-(
>
> Do you have a recommendation for AP's that pass this information?
>
>> ... or to be more acccurate, look at your NAS documentation (or ask
>> the vendor) how to get it to send accounting packets.
>
> It is a ZyXEL, so basically a black box, even to the local vendor.

Just to be sure, you HAVE enabled sql in accounting section, right?

If you want to be extra sure, run FR in debug mode, and do a
login-logout using a client (e.g. notebook) to the NAS (i.e. AP). FR
should print out what packets it received. If it DOESN'T show any
accounting packets, then your NAS doesn't send them, or hasn't been
configured to do so.

--
Fajar