username in uppercase

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:22:07 CET 2012

Hi All

I am using pam_radius_auth.so (version 1.3.17) on ubuntu server to do
radius authentication for ssh login.

For a specific type of user, like contractors, the radius server has
their username in uppercase. We have no access to the radius
server and it seems to be company policy.

So for those users I need to change their username to uppercase
for ssh login to work. That will make things confusing since when the
user login to other systems which does not do radius auth, they use
lowercase username like most users in our unix environment.

Is there a way send the username in uppercase, for only those users,
to radius server for a successful radius authentication without changing
their login name to uppercase?

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu