help:freeradius + ldap + cisco ap can not work

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 9 12:20:55 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 04:59:44PM +0800, Manifold Yu wrote:
> pap against LDAP works find,but others can not works find (eg:mschap) .

> [ldap] looking for check items in directory...
>   [ldap] userPassword -> Cleartext-Password ==
> "{MD5}85Q3W/VY9rt11BfdBNzdfQ=="

Your password, from LDAP, is not clear text. You need clear text
passwords or NTLM (NT-Password) for mschap to work.

http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>