accounting data

Periko Support pheriko.support at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 22:15:26 CET 2012

My Fault, this message wasn't finish, I will continue here.:

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Periko Support
<pheriko.support at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
>  Centos 5.x
>  FreeRadius 2.1.1.
>
>  I'm reading the book freeradius beginners Guide chapter 6: accounting.
>
>  Page 139.
>
>  Amount of Time.
>
>  I have follow the book,  would like to setup my freeradius and be
> able to manage users time per day.
>
>  Following the book, it say that to test we better setup 3 files:
>
> start session
> stop session
>
>  Make some changes to freeradius config files.
>
> Now, with this things ready, I follow the steps to see how it works:
>
> step 7) auth user.
> step 8) send an accounting start request.
wait 30 seconds of more send a accounting stop request.
step 9) auth the users again.

 The session time out will be 1800-30=1770.

 This works, but I would like to understand, I can try that steps a
lot times and every time it give me the same result: 1770, doesn't
suppose that every time I run the same steps the counter must be
lower?

 If I run the start session and wait 2 minutes, the same behavior it
give to me 1770.

 This software is new for me but I want to understand this, thanks!!!

file: 4088_06_acct_start.txt

Packet-Type=4
Packet-Dst-Port=1813
Acct-Session-Id = "4D2BB8AC-00000098"
Acct-Status-Type = Start
Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
User-Name = "alice"
NAS-Port = 0
Called-Station-Id = "00-02-6F-AA-AA-AA:My Wireless"
Calling-Station-Id = "00-1C-B3-AA-AA-AA"
NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
Connect-Info = "CONNECT 48Mbps 802.11b"

File: 4088_06_acct_stop.txt

Packet-Type=4
Packet-Dst-Port=1813
Acct-Session-Id = "4D2BB8AC-00000098"
Acct-Status-Type = Stop
Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
User-Name = "alice"
NAS-Port = 0
Called-Station-Id = "00-02-6F-AA-AA-AA:My Wireless"
Calling-Station-Id = "00-1C-B3-AA-AA-AA"
NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
Connect-Info = "CONNECT 48Mbps 802.11b"
Acct-Session-Time = 30
Acct-Input-Packets = 25