accounting data

Periko Support pheriko.support at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:10:32 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> Periko Support wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>>>   What does the debug output say?
> ..
>>  This is the output:
>
>   You've given a lot of information, which is nice  But please don't
> send the output of "radtest".  I didn't ask for it.  It's not necessary.
>
>   And you've deleted big chunks of the debug output.  That *might* have
> helped.
>
>   What does the "counter" module configuration look like?  Have you
> edited it?  If so, why?  The default configuration works.
>
>> Nos a accounting stop:
>> rlm_counter: Packet Unique ID = 'e38661b89c4e83d0'
>> rlm_counter: Searching the database for key 'alice'
>> rlm_counter: Key found.
>> rlm_counter: Counter Unique ID = 'e38661b89c4e83d0'
>> rlm_counter: Unique IDs for user match. Droping the request.
>> ++[daily] returns noop
>
>   Well, that explains everything.  It's not doing counting, and the
> debug output shows this.  The reason for running the server in debugging
> mode is for people to READ IT.
>
>   As for why that happens, I have no idea.  I didn't write the counter
> module, and I don't use it.
>
>   So... what does the "counter" module configuration look like?  Have
> you edited it?  If so, why?  The default configuration works.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

counter daily {
        filename = ${db_dir}/db.daily
        key = User-Name
        count-attribute = Acct-Session-Time
        reset = daily
        counter-name = Daily-Session-Time
        check-name = Max-Daily-Session
        reply-name = Session-Timeout
#       allowed-servicetype = Framed-User
        cache-size = 5000
}

The book say that comment out the "allowed-servicetype = Framed-User",
I had follow the book step by step.

Freeradius is new for me, I want to used to manage users time by day,
but first I want to understand how it works and setup everything from
scratch.

Thanks!!!