help with DHCP server functionality

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Nov 12 03:03:28 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Duane Cox <duanecox at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, that solved my dilemma of no Pool-Name defined, thanks!

Hmmm ... this just arrived in my mailbox.

Anyway, in case you still need the response ...

> What are other operators doing to determine the appropriate pool?

What do you mean?

> Should there be some unlang in policy.conf to update the control to the
> appropriate name?

Yes. There's an "update control" block on policy.conf. This is
assuming you only have one DHCP pool.

You could, in theory, define multiple pools for dhcp by editing
policy.conf and other dhcp-related files accordingly. The logic is
pretty much straight forward. It's just not tested yet.

> Or perhaps an SQL function?

Nope.

--
Fajar