trouble with encrypted password

vazoumana fofana zoumlander at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:54:09 CET 2012

hello everybody,

i ve got trouble with encrypted password. I want to manage users with password wich are more longer than 8 caracters.

When i use radcrypt (based on crypt), it doesn't work. It's normal due to limitation of crypt. I must cut password to 8 caracters for make running.

When i use radcrypt with MD5 encryption , it doesn't run : indeed the  encrypted string generated by MD5 radcrypt is more than 16 caracters.

How can i use encrypted password without limited password to 8 caracters ?

Cheers