building "master" under mock buildroot

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Nov 16 16:15:56 CET 2012

On 16 Nov 2012, at 11:11, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at IMPERIAL.AC.UK> wrote:

> On 11/16/2012 10:55 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>
>> Done. Yeah there were some pretty poor typos, looks like no one's
>> actually tried to build that code in a while. We really need to get
>> an automated build system setup again.
>>
>> Even if the server is almost completely devoid of unit tests and
>> functional tests we can at least make sure the modules compile.
>
> I was wondering about that recently. It doesn't seem so terribly hard to have a "tests/" directory containing some known-good server configs testing various functionality, and a shell script driving auth requests into it via radtest/eapol_test. Sort of like "make test" in ISC bind.

git pull
./configure
make
make tests

These were originally added by a guy at Mancala networks, they test basic functionality and have caught some issues in the past. It might be good to expand them.

> Unit tests - well, that might be trickier, I guess. Are there any decent C unittest frameworks?

lua-TestMore and LuaJIT might be an interesting solution, though it would only allow you to test exposed library functions which would limit how much testing you could do with modules.

-Arran