radwho: No configuration information in radutmp section of radiusd.conf

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Nov 19 08:28:46 CET 2012

El 16/11/12 17:03, Alan DeKok escribió:
> Angel L. Mateo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>      I have a problem with radwho since I upgraded from 2.1.10 to 2.2.0.
>> The same configuration (I'm trying now the default configuration
>> installed from ubuntu packages) works with version 2.1.10 and not with
>> 2.2.0. The error I get is;
>>
>> radwho: No configuration information in radutmp section of radiusd.conf
>
>    You need to have a "modules" section, with "radutmp" listed in it.

	In my modules section I have

modules {
   $INCLUDE ${confdir}/modules/
   ..
}

	and I have a file ${confdir}/modules/radutmp with content:

radutmp {
	filename = ${logdir}/radutmp
	username = %{User-Name}
	case_sensitive = yes
	check_with_nas = yes
	perm = 0600
	callerid = "yes"
}

>>      My config (for default virtual server) is:
>
>    Which doesn't really help.
>
>    What's in the "modules" directory?
>
>> accounting {
>>      detail
>>      unix
>>      #radutmp
>
>    Well, that won't help.
>
>    You're trying to use "radwho", but aren't logging accounting
> information.  That means "radwho" will NEVER show you anything.

	I'm not sure about this. I have tried configuration with radutmp line
commented and uncommented. But the fact is that radwho is loggin
information, because radutmp is updated and if I use radwho -F <file>
then I can see is not empty.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática