radwho: No configuration information in radutmp section of radiusd.conf

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Nov 19 11:21:50 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Angel L. Mateo <amateo at um.es> wrote:
>         Same configuration, with freeradius 2.2.0 but using radwho from
> 2.1.8 works. Instead of revert patching the file, I have copied radwho
> command from previous folders, and it works without any problem.
>
>         So it seems that the problem is that now -F options is mandatory
> instead of optional.

At least you determined that it was a regression.

The next step depends on whether a developer cares enough to fix this
problem quickly. Of course it would be quicker if you could determine
which changeset caused the regresession, or (even better) provide a
patch to fix this :)

>         If this was the only problem, it wouldn't be any problem, but I'm
> having the same problem with radzap:

> radwho: No configuration information in radutmp section of radiusd.conf!
>
>         This same configuration with previous versions of radius works
> without any problem.

radzap is now a wrapper around radwho and radclient. If you say
previos version's radwho can be used as-is as a simple drop-in, then
the workaround should be to just rename or move 2.2.0-version
somewhere else and put the working 2.1.x's version in your path.

Personally, I don't use either radwho or radzap. I just use sql, plus
some modified queries to "automatically" invalidate old sessions (e.g.
since we use 1-hour interim-update interval, any accounting records
that is not in "stopped" state that is over 2 hour old can be
considered invalid).

Hope you find the best solution.

--
Fajar