Statistics on EAP methods widely used

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Nov 20 15:52:43 CET 2012

Hi,

> information on the web already in "how-to-connect-to-our-wifi" guides. It seems strange to
> me that there is no survey with collective statistics about this anywhere.

its because noone cared....and therefore our systems arent collecting such information.
we *could* survey our federation....but, to be honest, I think some of them are getting sick
of being surveyed about this and that almost every few months.

> I've been searching all morning for NRPS statistics but I have been unable to find any
> online. I know there are eduroam people in this list... could they help?

...what would the end result be?  is there a reason for wanting to know exact percentages
of each good EAP method?  EAP-TLS is fairly rare due to the PKI required...though with centralised
systems such as eduroamJP project that may change... PEAP is most common... EAP-TTLS next so
(though what method is used in EAP-TTLS inner is another thing altogether!) - then there
are the hens teeth - EAP-FASTv1, EAP-PWD and PEAPv1-GTC

alan