Git master branch & Debian build

Olivier Beytrison olivier at heliosnet.org
Wed Nov 21 11:22:07 CET 2012

>> Unable to open file "/etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf": No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> Uh oh ? looking at  /etc/freeradius, there's only the directories and
>> the symlinks, but not a single file. Great.
>>
>> When looking in the build environnement, in
>> debian/freeradius/etc/freeradius, all the files are present.
>>
>> During package creation, the files are correctly grabbed as per
>> debian/freeradius.install
>>
>> dpkg -L list all the files.
>>
>> dpkg is high on cocaine or what ?
>
>   Possibly.

Well never mind. It was my system that was left with the package
half-installed. purged everything and now the .deb installs correctly.

still, there's two issues :
1. the changes made by Arran to move all the modules to boilermake break
the linking of rlm_utf8 (see [1] below)

2. there's a package dependency issue. by default
${raddbdir}/mods-available/cui.conf is in the freeradius package. this
files reference to ${raddbdir}/sql/mysql/cui.conf, wich is part of
freeradius-mysql package. This mean that freeradius won't start if you
don't install freeradius-mysql at the same time. [2]

There's also some conflict because mods-available/sql* are both present
in package freeradius and freeradius-mysql. Should we not rather select
files independently in ${raddbdir}/mods-available/ in place of taking
everything (*) for the freeradius package ?

My two cents

Olivier

[1] linking of rlm_utf8 broken
CC src/modules/rlm_utf8/rlm_utf8.c
LINK build/bin/rlm_utf8
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/crt1.o: In
function `_start':
(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'
build/objs/src/modules/rlm_utf8/rlm_utf8.o: In function `utf8_clean':
/opt/src/freeradius/FR3/freeradius-server/src/modules/rlm_utf8/rlm_utf8.c:47:
undefined reference to `fr_utf8_char'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [build/bin/rlm_utf8] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/freeradius/FR3/freeradius-server'
make: *** [build-arch-stamp] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

[2] freeradius rely on file not present in freeradius.deb

freeradius  -X
freeradius: FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.0 (git #73bb767), for host
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, built on Nov 20 2012 at 16:33:32
Copyright (C) 1999-2012 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYRIGHT.
Starting - reading configuration files ...
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/proxy.conf
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/clients.conf
including files in directory /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/checkval
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/expiration
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/utf8
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/dhcp
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/detail
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/logintime
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/cui
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/sql/mysql/cui.conf
Unable to open file "/etc/freeradius/sql/mysql/cui.conf": No such file
or directory
Errors reading or parsing /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
--

 Olivier Beytrison
 Network & Security Engineer, HES-SO Fribourg
 Mail: olivier at heliosnet.org