files Authentication problem

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 11:33:20 CET 2012

Hi

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 08:17:21AM +0100, alexdhelmet at free.fr wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.

I've just re-read what you're doing - you're looking up the
lowercase password in the users file instead of the username (e.g.
you're ignoring the username), but then your password check
is between User-Password and Cleartext-Password, as usual.

Try something like this in your sites-enabled/default, after
preprocess:

  update request {
    User-Password := "%{tolower:%{User-Password}}"
  }

> But, at the moment, we must keep this Auth-Type, to be compatible
> wirth an old version of freeradius, we couldn't update at the
> moment.

No, you still don't need it. The PAP module will do it for you -
read the debug output.

Matthew

(waiting for 3.x so that Auth-Type := Local will actually break
things at last).

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>