Configuration check

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 27 17:00:28 CET 2012

James Devine wrote:
> I ran into an issue where proxy.conf was globally readable for some
> reason,

  proxy.conf should NEVER be globally readable.

> freeradius wouldn't start because of this and this wasn't picked
> up by radiusd -C.  Can this check be added?

  File permissions are enforced by the operating system, not by FreeRADIUS.

  If radiusd runs as user "radiusd", but you do the check as "root",
there isn't much that the server can do.

  You need to do the check as the user running radius.  e.g.:

	su radiusd radiusd -C

  instead of

	radiusd -C