Regarding Proxy sockets

ramakrishna mramakrishnaprasad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:27:23 CET 2012

Hi,

I have been using freeradius 2.2 for a while now.

When i start the radius server in debug mode, I observed server creating
proxy sockets. please find the log below.

* ... adding new socket proxy address * port 61412
 ... adding new socket proxy address * port 61413
 ... adding new socket proxy address * port 61414
*Listening on authentication address * port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813

What i observed is every time i restart the server, i see the port numbers
increasing instead of same port numbers being used.

My question is does that mean that the previously used port numbers(61409,
61410, 61411) are not freed properly?

Please lemme know if any other information is required.

--
Best Regards,
M.Rama Krishna Prasad,