Policy.conf - multiple @

Ben Brown bbrown at plus.net
Wed Nov 28 15:50:47 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 01:09:44PM +0000, John Horne wrote:
> #
> if(User-Name =~ /@(.+)?@/i ) {
> =====================================
>
> Would this not be simpler just by using '/@.*@/' ?

That's not quite the same, as it would match more than the original
regex. OK the parenthesis aren't needed, however consider the following
username:

bob@@realm

The original regex will not match this however the simpler one will.
'/@.+@/' would be more compatible.

Ben

--
Ben Brown
Systems Engineer

Registered Office: Plusnet | The Balance | 2 Pinfold Street | Sheffield | S1 2GU
Registered in England no: 3279013

This email and any attachments contains Plusnet information, which may be
privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you're not the intended recipient, note that disclosing,
copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've
received this email in error, please let me know immediately on the email
address above. Thank you.

We monitor our email system, and may record your emails.