External HTTPS authentication

Thiago A. V. Lima tavl at gprt.ufpe.br
Wed Nov 28 22:00:15 CET 2012

Hello mailing list.

What I'm actually trying to accomplish is this:

I already have a modified version of an OpenID server, that doesn't require
any user/password. The whole authentication is based on EAP-TLS between the
browser and the Apache server, using the certificate email to identify the
current user. (I control the whole CA chain, so I can trust the
certificate embedded emails).

I'd like to make FreeRADIUS "forward" the user certificate (client side,
WPA2-Enterprise scheme certificate, I mean) to my OpenID (Apache server
with EAP-TLS) and, if the connection is correctly established, authenticate
the user and move him to the correct VLAN. This way, I could have an
integrated network and services (single sign-on) authentication process,
"completely" transparent to the end-user (except for the network

So, if there was any already available module that could, for example,
authenticate the RADIUS user using a "foreign" webservice or something like
that, I think I could modify/adapt it to my EAP-TLS scenario.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and congratulations for the nice community,

--
Thiago Lima