sqlcounter instance not found in modules section

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Oct 2 14:13:54 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> Russell Stockhammer wrote:
>> I'm trying to create a new sqlcounter instance that counts octets.  I think
>> what I've done is correct but I get the following error when I start
>> FreeRadius...

>> ---- sql/mysql/counter.conf ----
>
>   Why?  The default sqlcounter file is in raddb/modules.  Put the
> "dailyoctetcounter" configuration there, and it will work.

I think he might got confused because there are
raddb/sql/mysql/counter.conf and raddb/sql/postgresql/counter.conf, as
well as raddb/modules/sqlcounter_expire_on_login.

Perhaps we should add a small instruction on top of
raddb/sql/*/counter.conf, saying something like "copy this file to
raddb/modules and adjust as needed"? Plus probably a small update to
doc/rlm_sqlcounter. If no one else does this first I'll probably be
able to send a pull request in the next day or two.

--
Fajar