Dialup Admin and PPPoE

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Oct 4 04:05:05 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Serge  Paquin <serge at skycomp.ca> wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> I believe our NAS supports this and is working.  If I go into the user it will show they've been connected for days and shows and upload/download value.

That's not an indication of the nas suppoting Accounting Interim-Update.

However, since even chillispot and openvpn supports Accounting
Interim-Update, I don't see why whatever-NAS-you-re-using wouldn't
support it. It would be just silly :P

> The catch is the reporting.  This data doesn't get updated into the statistics until the user logs off.
>
> I'm sure it's something specific with Dialup Admin since it's built from the premise of a dialup ISP which will have typical log offs.
>
> I was just curious if there is a config or change to make to Dialup Admin that would update statistics while an account is still logged on but not duplicate data.

Probably nothing.

Try adding reply item "Acct-Interim-Interval := 300" to a test user
(in radreply table, if you're using database backend), login, do stuff
that uses bandwidth for 6 minutes or so, and check:
- whether the NAS sends acct interim update (easiest if you can run FR
in debug mode)
- whether the acct entry is updated
- whether dialup admin correctly displays the updated acct record

--
Fajar