your mail

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Oct 6 00:04:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I've setup a new virtual FR 2.1.12 server on centos6. I have got the
> new server setup per
> the docs at freeradius.org. Radtest locally and NtradPing remotely are working.
>
> Now, I need FR to use a Perl script to authenticate against a proprietary DB.
> I have put in a bit of time researching how to use the Perl module.
> But, as a newbie to FR I can't seem to find any step-by-step
> documentation to use the Perl module.
> Could someone point me to such documentation?

edit the perl module

$RADDB/modules/perl

ensure that your script is named in the 'module' line
and that its enabled in the required functions...in
this case in authenticate (so uncomment the authenticate line)

then add

'perl' to the authenticate {} section of the virtual server
you are using....that would likely be sites-enabled/default
or sites-enabled/inner-tunnel  with a default untouched config.

alan, on a friday night with some vin rouge in hand