help - simultaneous accounting

劉君羿 trantor.liu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 09:38:53 CEST 2012

I want to allow simultaneous use of accounts.
However, *RFC 2866 *says that the* Acct-Session-Time*

> can only be present in Accounting-Request records where the
> Acct-Status-Type is set to Stop [Page 17]

Does this mean that RADIUS protocol can not manage simultaneous use of an
account?

For example, an account with *Session-Timeout *2 hours is shared by two
users.
User1 login first and use the account for 1 hour,
user2 then login (user1 still accessing the account),
then user2 turns out two have *2 hours*, which is wrong and is because that
user1 not yet send Acct-Session-Time to the server.

If RADIUS is not suit for the scenario above, should I try other protocols
such as DIAMETER and TACACS+?

Thanks.