freeRadius against Active Directory

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Oct 8 16:36:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

>    Now I am having the problem that the devices I want to authenticate are
>    requesting the Service-Type(Attribute 6). Do you have any idea how to set
>    the Service-Type in Active Directory for each user? Is that even possible
>    or do I have to configure the users file for each user and his
>    corresponding Service-Type?

service-type will have come from the NAS - if you are running FR with standard
dictionaries then you would see what type of service-type is coming in eg login
or authenticate-only.  if you want to use policies then you can define those in
eg users file, get them via LDAP (authorize), or in SQL etc.

alan