IP Grouping

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Oct 8 20:40:40 CEST 2012

Hi,

>    I have a set of IP for my NAS and wish to group this together so i don't
>    have to create a set of new ones on the clients.conf file every time a new
>    NAS is created.

well, the depends on whether these NASes can be grouped by their IP address - in which case
they can be identified as one (or more) blocks of addresses within a subnet.
see clients.conf original file for example).

another way is to uas SQL to store the clients - and then you can use the dynamic clients
module to check if they are NAS clients as they are added to the network without having
to restart the server

>    What's the best way to do this without causing a crash

well, just adding new entries to clients.conf doesnt cause a crash.  restarting
the RADIUS daemon after adding entries to clients.conf doesnt cause a crash (unless
youve made a spectacular error in the config! ;-) )

alan