.rpmnew files during RPM upgrade

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 00:39:52 CEST 2012

On 09/11/2012 07:42 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Jonathan Gazeley wrote:
>> It seems to me that the "broken" behaviour is not with RPM but with
>> FreeRADIUS. Can the regular expression that includes config files and
>> modules be tweaked to exclude *.rpmnew files?
>
>    As always, patches are welcome.

O.K. I did just that. The freeradius-2.2.0 RPM's I've been pushing now
includes a patch to ignore config filenames that should be excluded from
being loaded. I'll send the patch to the developers list via a github
pull request. The list is hardcoded, at the moment it excludes:

Any basename beginning with a dot (.)
Any basename beginning with a hash (i.e. pound sign, octothorp) (#)
Any basename ending with a tilde (~)
Any basename ending with the substring ".rpmsave"
Any basename ending with the substring ".rpmnew"
Any basename ending with the substring ".bak"

It also logs any files it skips which is really handy information to
know (including files that previously were skipped for reasons like
invalid characters in the filename).

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?