How to configure unlang to add user attributes found in users file to a reply

Gianni Costanzi gianni.costanzi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:51:28 CEST 2012

Hi,
I have the following setup:

(A) CLIENT ROUTER <---> (B) Freeradius 2.2.0 <--> (C) Other radius server

I configured a realm on (B) to proxy requests toward radius server
(C). For example, the realm is XYZ and
the user is USER, so when on router (A) USER at XYZ tries to
authenticate, (B) proxies the request sending
user USER with the given password to (C). Then (C) replies to (B),
which forwards the reply back to (A), WITHOUT
looking at the users file, where I've defined the following:

USER  Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = Administrative-User

How can I configure the unlang module on (B) in order to tell
freeradius to parse its own users file before sending
the proxied reply to (A), appending the attributes specified for USER
to the reply?

>From one of your answers I've understood that unlang should be the way
to accomplish this task, even if I thought
there was a configuration flag to tell radius to always parse its own
users file before replying to a client (but maybe
this was something related to GNU Radius and not freeradius).

Thank you in advance for any help
   Gianni