rlm_sql: can I avoid queries on radcheck?

Stefano Zanmarchi zanmarchi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:15:07 CEST 2012

Hi,
we're using rlm_sql to perform authorization based on a couple of sql
tables ('eduroam_diritto_uso'
and  'eduroam_mac_registrati') , it's working fine.
Now mysql logs show that radiusd is still performing queries on
radcheck, radgroupcheck.
Can I avoid this (since these tables are empty so we're not using them)?
I know this is nothing vital, but if it's easy done...
I've managed to avoid queries on  radgroupcheck commenting out the
"group_membership_query"
in dalup.conf.
I thought that I could now comment out the "authorize_check_query" to
avoid queries radchek,
but no, I get an error:
[sql] 	expand:  ->
[sql] Error generating query; rejecting user

Thanks a lot in advance,
Stefano

authorize {
        preprocess
        rewrite.calling_station_id
        sql
        if ("%{sql:SELECT count(*) FROM eduroam_mac_registrati AS m,
eduroam_diritto_uso AS d WHERE m.username = d.username AND
m.mac='%{Calling-Station-Id}' and d.diritto='S'}" == 1){
            ok
          update control {
             Auth-Type := Accept
        else {