Query help

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 10:37:25 CEST 2012

On 10/12/2012 09:16 AM, Jonathan Bastin wrote:
> Issue with doing it that way is you would get decimal values returned which
> freeradius can't deal with.

As others have pointed out - that's trivially dealt with.

Hell, use right-shift if you want:

select limit >> 10
select quota >> 10

...it doesn't matter what you shift them by, or what units they're in,
as long as they're consistent and all quota values are greater than then
resulting minimum precision.

Or, select the values as a string and trim the bottom X digits off using
a regexp. Or... you get my point.

> I am posting a bounty of $200 to someone that writes this in Perl and show
> instructions on how to install. It must update the replay with Cisco AV pair
> and be able to work with large values.

Obviously it's your money, but that $200 would be better spent asking
for a 64-bit integer patch to FreeRADIUS IMO.

FWIW I don't think an rlm_perl version would be hard, but I a) don't
have the time the week and b) don't want your money anyway. If no-one
has gotten to it by next week, I'll see what solutions spring to mind.