Digest auth - Freeradius & squid

Germano Paciocco germano.paciocco at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:02:43 CEST 2012

Alan DeKok wrote:

>> I'm trying to understand how can I use digest authentication: is it possible?
> Yes.

very good!

>> What should I change in freeradius configuration?

> Nothing.  Just have the client send digest authentication.

I think all recent browsers do it, is it right?

>> How should I modify user entry in radcheck table?

> Don't.

Now I think it's a Squid problem. I know this is not the right place,
but if someone has some hints regarding squid-freeradius interaction
with digest authentication, please let me know!

PS: i followed this http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/rlm_digest.html,
and made digest auth works. By the way I thought that I had to store
only password hash... why do I need yet to store cleartext password?
It is possible avoid this (for http authentication)?

--
GP