radius Installation error

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Oct 18 15:00:36 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM, QASIM RAO <qasim2490 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sir i use this command while configuring and it works
>
> ./configure --disable-libltdl-install --with-system-libtool

You should need more flags since ltdl and libtool go together. See the
configure flags in my previous mail.
If it worked for you, well, my best guess is either you're lucky, or
the configure script is smarter now :)

> but i want to know i some servers i just use  "./configure" command and it
> works

Exactly. In general, it should be enough.

> but  in some it does not . so where is the problem acctually occurs
> in server or in my radius package.. ???

Not sure. Probably the difference is whether some packages are already
installed or not (e.g. libtldl-devel, or something like that).

Personally I prefer to use packages (e.g. RPM, or deb). Either distro
provided, or self-compiled using the provided recipe (e.g. spec files,
or debian directroy). That way:
- I only need to compile once. Which also means I only need to install
*-devel package once, on the compile server
- All deployment using that package will be relatively homogenous. No
sudden "surprise" because some module was included when compiling in
server A but not when compiling on server B, or something like that
- I can have clean upgrade path, no leftover files from previous versions.

--
Fajar