New attribute on old freeradius server

Tiago sytker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 04:16:43 CEST 2012

Hello,
Since my last message, I've created a new attribute on a old
freeradius server (ver 1.x) and it worked perfectly. Now I've migrated
to freeradius 2.x and I need to put the same old attributes on
production.

However, per Alan instructions I should use attr 3000,... and reading
the dictionary file it says:
#       If you want to add entries to the dictionary file,
#       which are NOT going to be placed in a RADIUS packet,
#       add them here.  The numbers you pick should be between
#       3000 and 4000.

I think its not my case, because I'll need to get these attributes on
my NAS (rp-pppoe server) and with it set Down/Up rates to my customer.
Am I right? If yes, so which number should I use?

By the way, I'm setting the same attr on freeradius and NAS server.

Thanks in advance.